Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Tip Toe

So, this is Tip Toe polish from Old Navy. Who knew Old Navy had nail polish? I certainly didn't. I quit shopping there when they stopped carrying anything other than jeans in short length. And their jeans fit funny now, AND I still walk on the hems of their jeans, even in short length.

But I got dragged to Old Navy earlier this week when I was out and about with the boyfriend, and I noticed that they had nail polish on clearance in one of the containers at checkout. Score! I think this was either $1 or $1.50 on clearance. They only had four colors left -- the two I didn't get were a bright orange and a gold that had exploded all over itself. I own two bright oranges already, and orange doesn't even look good with my skintone, so I skipped that one.

These polishes are surprisingly good! The brush is weird and moppy, but it applies like a dream.

This shade is called Platinum. It's a silver shade. I've used better metallics -- remember Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup? Man, I loved that stuff when it was out, years ago.. 2001ish? Anyway, I think the Sally Hansen Chromes ruined me on metallics forever, because nothing I've bought since measures up. It was shiny shiny, and this is not.
020

This shade is called Memory. I LOVE IT! It's a vampy, blackened purply eggplant color. It's probably my favorite vampy shade that I own. It did, however, take three coats for full opacity.
Here is Memory in the shade, where it looks very dark:
023

And here it is in sunlight, where you can see more of the purply eggplant-ness:
025

No comments:

Post a Comment