Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear

I have been a swatchin' fool today, but I need to stop for a bit now and get some housework done.

I have a lot of Sally Hansen, but instead of just making one massive Sally Hansen post, I decided to break it up into the different Sally Hansen brands/collections.

One collection I think I'll just omit altogether and not swatch, because it's boring as crap. I bought a set at Big Lots a couple of years ago that included 3 pinks, a nude, and a brownish orange. BORING. So I think I just won't do that one. No one wants to read boring blog posts, right? Right.

So these Xtreme Wears...
I like them. They are under $3 at the drugstore and have interesting colors, as far as drugstore brands go. I don't really dig pinks/reds/nudes too much, although I do own at least one of each. But I prefer color! Greens and blues and purples and grays and interesting colors!

The first one I swatched is a shade called White On. I don't do white nails on their own. I bought this to wear under more sheer shades and not alone. That said, here's a swatch of it by itself. The formula is decent, it's opaque in two coats. What else can I say? It's stark white.
044

Next up is Lime Lights. This isn't really lime. It's a shimmery seafoamy green. It should have been called "Mermaid" or something ocean-related, because that's what it makes me think of. It's super sheer. I think this is 4 coats.
This photo is in direct sunlight:
042

And this one is in a bit of shade. I actually like the color better in shade.
040

Green with Envy! I love this color, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't particularly flatter my skintone, but it's an interesting green creme that lies somewhere between pea green, neon green, and lime green. Opaque in 2 coats. I also like the brushes on these polishes.
049

Gunmetal. A nice blue-grey near-metallic with a bit of rainbow shimmer in it if you look closely. I was wearing this one a LOT about a year ago, but it's fallen out of favor lately. :)
054

See, you can see the rainbow flecks in this picture:
055

Purple Pizzazz. A bright "royal" purple with purple glitter in it. This is a jelly and wasn't quite opaque in 2 coats. It would probably be completely opaque in three coats, but I didn't do that. I like this. I think I was hoping for something closer to Rimmel's Art of Noise, but this is much brighter and more jelly-like than the Rimmel shade.
063

No comments:

Post a Comment