Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sinful Colors

ARGH! My swatching today isn't going so well -- I've had some cat drama. One of my cats is in the midst of a freakout and has been for half the day. He's done this before, so I'm more annoyed than worried, at least for now.

Still, I did manage to get SOME stuff swatched and photographed pre-kitty freakout.

Sinful is a brand I've only ever seen at Walgreens. I have no idea if any other place sells it. I am sure you can get it online someplace. They have some pretty cool colors, but the formula is usually a little thin and takes 3-4 coats for opacity. Still, this stuff is $2 a bottle. I don't buy a lot of this because there's only one Walgreens here, it's on the other side of town, and it's really hard to get in and out of.

This is "Show Me The Way." It's sort of a golden-olive-y green with some shimmery particles in it. This is three coats.
241

And this is "Nail Junkie." I love this color! It's an aqua jelly base with different sizes of glitter in what appears to be aqua and holographic silver. This is also three coats. It's so purty. :)
260

And this is "Frenzy." It's magenta and aqua glitter in a clear base. I don't think you could ever get this to become opaque. This is FOUR coats and it's still pretty sparse.
270

So, I decided to put Frenzy on top of Wet N Wild Black Creme. This is just one coat of each polish. It looks like Dance Club Barbie threw up on my nails!
279

1 comment:

  1. Frenzy looks similar to Cheatin by Pure Ice. (Though I think Cheatin is less sparse.) Try it over black and with a layer of Essie's Matte About You or Matte Magic by China Glaze. It's pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete