Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Surprising Drugstore Find

I had to get rid of the crooked Konad on my nails -- you know, I'm not very exacting with most things, but the crookedness of it was driving me NUTS. So here's a post and pictures about what I'm sporting today.

Okay, so in the past when I've seen the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes in the drugstore, I've been less than impressed with the colors. They all just looked so blah, even the bright ones. However, I just noticed this color and thought, "Oooh, that looks pretty!" The shade is called "Uptempo Plum." It just looks black from a distance, but up close, you can see a ton of plum-colored sparkle in this. Y'all know I love my vampy colors and this one is actually nice.

On my nails, it mostly looks black, but when the light hits it just right, I see that sparkle. I keep looking at my nails to see it... or to make sure it's still there? Haha.

This polish dries pretty dull. One coat of Seche Vite topcoat and it was still a little blah. After two coats, it's nice and shiny!
This topcoat is amazing!
011


This was taken indoors -- pardon the messy application, I was trying to do this at my desk at work. I know, how professional of me.
007

Also indoors.
001

Still indoors. You can see the sparkle really well on my pinky nail.
005

Outdoors, in direct sunlight.
014

Outdoors, in indirect light.
015

1 comment: