Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Man Glaze

Man Glaze is my favorite matte polish ever. It looks great alone. It looks great with a topcoat. I broke down a couple of months ago and ordered their entire collection -- the grey, the black, the matte topcoat, and the "hot mess" topcoat, which is a matte silver glitter topcoat. Awesome!

Their matte topcoat isn't my favorite, but I'll get into that later. I have a few matte topcoats and I'm going to do a review post about them... but not right now. :)

Anywho, I did not take pictures of these with topcoat today, but I know I have a picture of Fuggen Ugly (that's the grey) with topcoat that I'm going to dig up for this post.

In fact, let's start with Fuggen Ugly right now. It's a lovely matte grey that has some rainbow sparkle in it, not unlike Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Gunmetal. The sparkle isn't all that noticeable until you put a topcoat on, but you can see it without the topcoat, too.
Here is Fuggen Ugly all by its lonesome:
066

And here it is with the Hot Mess topcoat:
073

And here it is with a shiny topcoat:
DSCN1011
(MAN, my cuticles were in REALLY BAD SHAPE in this pic... they aren't great today, but they're better than they were. Progress! Yay!)

And here is Matte is Murder, which is their black matte shade. But it isn't a flat black matte, there is some shimmer in this as well, and I don't think it's really dark black, but more like a very very dark gray. It reminds me of asphalt.
075

And here is Matte is Murder with the Hot Mess topcoat:
080

Now, as for that Hot Mess topcoat. I LOVE IT! It's so unique. Everyone has come out with a plain matte topcoat these days, but I haven't seen a matte GLITTER topcoat anywhere else. This also looks good on top of glossy polishes. That is something I will take a photo of one day, when I decide to do it again. :)
This is just the topcoat by itself. You could probably achieve opacity in 4-5 coats of this, since this glitter is fairly dense, and get a neat matte foil sort of effect. I used two coats for this photo.
083

2 comments:

  1. That totally reminds me of my favorite pair of Barbie's shoes when I was a kid. Gotta love clear pastic infused with GLITTER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I know the Barbie shoes of which you speak!

    ReplyDelete