Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Del Sol!

My parents live just a short drive from Panama City Beach, so when we were down there visiting them for the holidays, we went to Pier Park for some shopping. In Pier Park, there is a Del Sol store. Del Sol sells all of this stuff that changes color under UV rays -- clothes, jewelry... NAIL POLISH.

Of course I had to get a couple of bottles of the nail polish. I sort of wish I'd picked up more interesting colors. I guess I'll have to remember that next time. You can order this stuff online, but it's $2 more expensive than buying it at the store.

This shade is called Ruby Slippers. It is clear with silver glitter indoors and sort of a dusty pink with silver glitter in sunlight. I expected more red from Ruby Slippers. :) The glitter is also not very dense. This is four coats.

Indoors:
028

Outdoors before much sunlight:
029

Outdoors after a couple of minutes:
030


The other color I picked up is called "Pretty in Pink" and it's an opalescent pale pink indoors and an opalescent bright pink outside. It's pretty sheer -- this is three coats.

Indoors:
032

Outdoors before much sunlight:
035

Outdoors after a couple of minutes:
039

2 comments: