Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rimmel!

I mentioned in my first post, you know, the one I made just a few hours ago, that I LOVE Rimmel polish. I was sort of surprised that I only have five Rimmels in my collection. In fact, I just spent a little time organizing all of my nail polish by brand, and it would appear that I am a Sally Hansen girl. Which is surprising because I wouldn't really consider myself a Sally Hansen fan. But I am cheap, and so is Sally Hansen. :)

But this post isn't about Sally Hansen, it's about Rimmel. I'll start with my least favorite and move on to my faves!

This is Rimmel Lycra Wear 10 in Cashmere. Eh. It's a nude/pink shimmer. Good coverage in two coats. Sort of boring. Great to wear to work, or someplace where you need a nice conservative color. Supposedly this stuff will last 10 days, but I get bored with my nails and would never wear the same color for 10 days in a row, so I cannot vouch for that. Like all of my Rimmels, this applies beautifully and easily.
085

Another Rimmel Lycra Wear 10 in Powerhouse. This is a strange color. It's sort of a purpley-gray-taupe shade that appears nearly metallic in some lights but really isn't. I bought it when I was looking for the perfect purply-gray. This wasn't it, but it's an okay color.
089

NOW... I absolutely adore all of the next three colors. I could not possibly choose one over the others, really.

This one is Rimmel Play Fast "Art of Noise." This line has been discontinued. I actually remember buying this polish. I was in Athens visiting JJ in 2007 and we had to go to Target for something or another. I ended up buying this and taking it back to Nashville with me. I then lost this bottle, but found it again when I was unpacking after moving to Athens. I LOVE this color. It's a bold, dark purple with some golden shimmer in it, and it's absolutely beautiful. This is one of my go-to polishes when I can't decide what I want.
100

This is Rimmel 60 Seconds in Camouflage and is my most recent Rimmel purchase. I'd seen swatches of this shade online and thought it was lovely. I was in Walgreens recently and all their Rimmel polish was on clearance, since Rimmel has a new line of polish out. This is a bright green with some golden shimmer to it. It's not too gold, but also not too dark. Opaque in 2 coats.
097

This is another Rimmel 60 Second polish in Zeitgeist. You know, these 60 second polishes aren't actually dry in 60 seconds, but they do dry reasonably quickly. I've also had this color for awhile -- I'd guess two years or so? It was a Target clearance purchase and the color really surprised me. It's a purple/green/gold duochrome, and I tried to make the duochrome as visible as possible in this picture. I LOVE shades like this!
094

3 comments:

  1. Hi, your friend Teresa emailed me about your blog. I will be adding your blog to Monday's New Blogs on the Block post on my blog. Congrats on starting your nail blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this post my favs vs. your favs are literally reversed! lol I loved Cashmere! It made you nails look super long.

    ReplyDelete