Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Laced Up

Okay, so I'm HOPING this will be my New Years Eve mani. It perfectly matches a shirt I plan to wear. I just hope this will hold up for four or five days.

I have friends coming in to town to party, starting tomorrow, and tonight was the last night I have to do my nails for New Years!

I'd been wanting to try these out. They are dry nail polish strips, like Incoco. CVS apparently has them BOGO 50% this week, but none of the CVS's in my town have them. I found them at Target, though, and bought the pack that most appealed to me. They retail for $8.99 per pack at Target, which is a little steep. I really wish I'd been able to find them at a CVS because I would have bought a few packs then. SOON. (I hope.)

These aren't quite as easy to use as the Incoco strips. I had a hard time removing the strips from the backing, and I had a hard time getting the excess filed off of the free edge of my nails.

HOWEVER, I recently cut my nails way, way down due to some nasty peeling I had going on at the tips, and if your nails are short like mine, you can get two nails out of each strip. Providing they fit the curve of your cuticles anyway. :) In the package, you get two sealed packages of 8 strips, and I only had to open one of the packages to do this mani. So, score, I may have enough to do another mani in the future, providing my nails aren't super long.

Another plus is that these come in all sorts of neat patterns and in GLITTER. I know Incoco does this too, but I haven't been able to find any Incoco other than boring reds and pinks in stores.

In the dry nail polish game, Incoco wins for ease of application, but Sally Hansen wins for availability and, uh, interesting-ness.

Anyway, I took this photo with my Droid since I have zero charged batteries for my camera and I just couldn't WAIT to show off. ;)

IMG_20101229_190820

9 comments:

  1. ooo that looks so elegant! I haven't seen these at CVS yet either ;/ Let us know how they wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i believe Walgreens also has them on sale this week, B1G1 50% off. i want to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I saw these at my local Walgreens, and they're $10 there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cool! When my nails grow out from being nubbins I would love to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these. For someone, like me, who has no time for liquid nail polish (and who is pretty rough on her nails) they are perfect! The packaging says that they last up to 10 days. 5-6 is more realistic, but I'll take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I actually was just writing up a blog post about some of these strips myself (I have the leopard) and when I was googling to find them online, I found your blog. Is it cool if I link to your blog when I write up about mine? I am seriously drooling over the pattern you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kelly - It's totally cool if you link to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Palatul Ghica Tei organizeaza nunti de vis si botezuri intr-un loc istoric din Bucuresti. Salon de nunti

    ReplyDelete