Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Readers, I need your help!

Next weekend, I will be donning a Santa suit (actually a dress... a very *short* dress... with many accessories... my goal is to look like Christmas puked all over me), and going to my city's Santa pub crawl.

NATURALLY, I need to do my nails for the occasion.
NATURALLY, I want to use China Glaze's Party Hearty for this because, well, my occasions for using that particular polish are very limited.

So I found ten colors that I thought would be good base colors for layering with Party Hearty.
I know what MY favorite is.
My husband told me what HIS favorite is.
But I want to know which layering combination is YOUR favorite. Please excuse the messiness you may see in some pictures -- I did this really quickly. I assure you the actual mani won't be so messy. :)

Each of these shows three coats of Party Hearty over the base color.

Whichever one gets the most votes is the one I'll wear next weekend. :)

On my left hand, I used:
Sally Hansen Salon in Haute Chocolate (thumb)
Revlon Ruby Ribbon (pointer)
Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Whirlwind White (middle)
Orly Shine (ring)
Orly Liquid Vinyl (pinky)
Here is a full hand pic of my left hand:
128

And by finger:
Over Haute Chocolate
112

Over Ruby Ribbon
113

Over Whirlwind White
115

Over Shine
118

Over Liquid Vinyl
119

On my right hand, I used:
China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (thumb)
China Glaze Phat Santa (pointer)
China Glaze Something Sweet (middle, and my personal fave)
China Glaze Millennium (ring)
Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe (pinky)
Full pic of right hand:
131

Over Emerald Sparkle
120

Over Phat Santa
124

Over Something Sweet
125

Over Millennium
126

Over Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
127



PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE COMBINATION IN THE COMMENTS!
:)

16 comments:

  1. I like it over Ruby Ribbon and Something Sweet best... I think Something Sweet is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I prefer it over Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Whirlwind White. I just love that combination of Winter and Christmas colours! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this over Millennium =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide between the silver or the black. And I like the white too. Eesh. I guess the one I think shows the glitter the best is over black, and maybe use two coats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Original_Wacky: This was actually three coats of Party Hearty over each color! I guess I should note that in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My top 3:
    1. Emerald Sparkle
    2. Something Sweet
    3. Ruby Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the contrast putting it over the white. I think I like the pink second and black third.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say you alternate phat santa and millennium. It will go with the whole Christmas puke theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is Emerald Sparkle, but coming in a relatively close second is Whirlwind White. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you said that you're going for the "Christmas barfed on me" look :D...
    It's between 1) Whirlwind White & 2) Something Sweet for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Over phat santa!! Adapted to the situation!

    ReplyDelete