Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Impromptu Haul

Oh lord, I really didn't mean to come home with all this nail polish. But it was all cheap! And I got my state tax refund today! It's ok, I swear!

So my fiance is very particular about the socks he wears. He specifically wants Gold Toe "over the calf" socks. I discovered yesterday that there is a Gold Toe outlet in the outlet mall not too far from here, and that they were having a buy 3, get 1 free special. So I bought him 4 packs of socks.

Next door to the Gold Toe outlet was a Rue 21. I figured I'd stop in. I found these two polishes. The first one is a mustard yellow -- it apparently was one of those layered polishes, because I discovered the "Do Not Shake" sticker on it once I got home. I guess it was shaken, which is fine by me because I've been wanting a mustard yellow polish for awhile. I also picked up a mint green. Neither of these seem to have names.
038

So then I saw a Claire's and figured I'd drop in. Their cosmetics were all buy 1, get 1 50% off (I really didn't save a whole lot there, though). I'd been lemming the pastel set after seeing it swatched somewhere (too lazy to check where) earlier this week. I picked up the other three because they looked cool. Can you tell I dig blues and greens? Heh.
027

Here are the other three bottles up close. They are Matte Green, Yel, and Dream Catcher:
031

So then I figured I'd drop by Sally on my way home. I had a 15% off coupon, so I picked up these three. I got China Glaze Blue Sparrow, China Glaze Flying Dragon, and Finger Paints Icy Iris (on clearance! for $1.99!).
043

Next door to Sally is a Dollar Tree. So I had to stop in. They had a whole buttload of Sally Hansen that had to have just come in recently, since I go to that Dollar Tree fairly often. All of these were in 2-packs (although a lot of them just had a clear polish as the "other" polish, but still! 2 for a dollar! and I now have a buttload of clear polish!). I got a Star Opal in Red Opal, and two Fire Opals in Royal Opal and Blush Opal.
044

I also got two Lacquer Shines in Lustrous and Glow.
047

I also picked this up at Publix on clearance for $3. My nails are NASTY stained (that's what happens when you wear nail polish all the time, I guess, even though I always use a base coat). I can't wait to try it!
021

And now... I suppose I have my work cut out for me, huh?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome haul and I can't believe you found fire opal! I'm soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to that Dollar Tree yesterday and got some of the SH opals. I didn't see the green or the dark shade, though! Maybe they put out more. Must find out after work.

    I picked up a SH Extreme Wear called Lavender Envy that was all kinds of shimmery, opalescent prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what the fire opals look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Evil Angel - Dolla Tree!

    @gildedangel - Thanks!

    @Teresa - I'm a digger. LOL.

    @Jess - Me either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have (and love) blue sparrow, but once i put Pure Ice- Strappy on top of it...I was in lust..you have to try it if you haven't! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete