Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Claire's Pastels

So, I finally got my pastels from Claire's swatched today, along with some other stuff.

To be honest, I was sort of disappointed with these pastels. The colors are pretty, but the formula seemed off on all but one. They were streaky, and all needed three coats. Also, they dried matte-ish, like pastel neons. In fact, the yellow and the green were more neon than pastel to me -- possibly the pink, too.

I loved the blue and the peach, though, bad formula and all. The purple was the one shimmer in the pack and it was nice, formula-wise, but the color is not for me.

Anyway, enough rambling. On to the swatches!

Pink:
009

Peach:
011

Yellow (see what I mean? NOT pastel):
019

Green:
027

Blue:
034

Purple:
046

4 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous colors, I love pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought this for the peach but I'm glad I passed. Wasn't worth the price tag for me. I instead I'm going to try to dupe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @l0verlada yeah. in my opinion, this set was really NOT worth it. oh well, live and learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange. I'm wearing the yellow right now and it's certainly pastel. I'm going to post it tomorrow, I think. I'll definitely agree that it's brighter than most pastels, though.

    ReplyDelete