Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Storage and collection

Today I actually organized and counted my nail polishes. I only have 222. That's not TOO bad, at least, it's relatively not too bad. I mean, there are people out there with wayyy more than I have. But I'm dealing with limited space, and I DO destash every now and then.

I DID have them organized by color, but that was starting to be a little bit of a pain. Today I organized by brand. Which was also a pain, because there are a lot of brands I only have 1 or 2 of, so my last two drawers are kinda, uh, interesting.

First of all, this is what I keep my polishes in. It's a 3-drawer organizer you can find at Michael's. Apparently it's a knock-off of some Ikea organizer, but the closest Ikea is in Atlanta and while that's only like an hour or so away, I'm way lazy. There's a Michael's here. And they constantly have 40% off coupons. I got both of these for somewhere in the vicinity of $15 to $18 apiece. A worthy investment, I say!
033

Okay, so we have here some remover, some acetone, a bag with all my Konad/Fauxnad stuff in it, a UPS, a modem, and an external hard drive. Beauty and geekery! My favorite! Also, if you notice, on the right you can see one of my prized possessions -- my Sushi Cat mug I found at Goodwill for a buck. It was so inexplicable I HAD to have it.
034

Drawer 1: Treatments and topcoats and nail art, oh my. This drawer is never really organized. I have too much of this stuff. I also have the inability to ever finish a whole bottle of basecoat or topcoat. This is the result of that.
036

Drawer 2: Cotton balls, some mini sets, and untrieds.
037

Drawer 3: OPI, Essie, and Zoya. I'm not a huge OPI fan, although everyone else seems to looove them. Same with Essie (although I have started to realize that DARK Essie colors are way better than the pastel crap).
039

Drawer 4: China Glaze, Orly, and Finger Paints. I heart China Glaze and Orly. My favorites.
040

Drawer 5: Non-drugstore brands that I don't have very many of. We have Goldie, Del Sol, CHI, Tip Toe, Butter London, Kleancolor, Color Club, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Claire's, Icing, Nina Ultra Pro, Manglaze, random asian brand, Chanel, and LA Splash. Yes, it also makes me LOL to have Chanel and RBL in the same drawer as Kleancolor and Color Club. But what can you do?
041

Drawer 6: It's like CVS puked all over this drawer! All my drugstore brands. This is like, 1/4 Sally Hansen. Also have Rimmel, L'Oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, Wet N Wild, Petites, Cover Girl, blahblah... your normal drugstore fare.
043

4 comments:

  1. Good clear pix and plenty of room for more polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the peek at your stash. I laughed at your comment about base and top coats. I too have so many, and haven't yet finished a single one. I've been trying to finish this one base coat for the last 6 months and it just won't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stash. :)
    You will probably have those drawers full one day.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge OPI fan, cuz I've never tried one, lol! Nor have I tried china glaze. India is not the place for a nail polish lover:-(

    ReplyDelete