Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Random swatchery

Yo! Sorry I haven't posted in a week. I've been, uh, busy. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. Busy.

Lately I've been on a search for the perfect coral and the perfect off-white polish. I have no idea why. Those aren't usually "my" colors, but to be honest, coral is totally growing on me.

Sooo... today I just have some photos of some random polishes. There is no rhyme nor reason to this, just stuff I've worn lately and have never posted here. Enjoy! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more... I'm backlogged once again!

So I finally got around to wearing the last Zoya Sparkle. This is Gilda. Color me underwhelmed. To be honest, the only colors from this collection I NEEDED were Charla, Ivanka, and Mimi. The pinks and reds were just meh.
003

OMG. This was another polish I didn't like at all. This is OPI Fiercely Fiona from the Shrek collection. Okay. A) Terrible color for me. B) Three icky coats. I put this on, took a picture, and immediately took it off. Like, before it dried. Thank god it was only a mini.
022

This was an unexpected surprise. First of all, it's orange. Second of all, it's Petites, which is hit or miss, but you can deal with a miss if it only cost $1.50, right? I LOVED this color on me. I think this is what set me off in search of the perfect coral. As you can see, despite the fact that this is called "Passion Orange," it's really more coral than straight orange. I think this was three coats.
017

This was my first attempt at finding the perfect off-white. This ain't it. This is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Beige Blast. Three coats, I believe.
005

Beige Blast alone was boring as hell and a little too sheer, so I Hidden Treasure'd it up.
008

7 comments:

  1. Beige Blast with HT makes a really lovely look. And that coral is so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Fiona looks really think in this swatch! I've heard a lot of people say it's a thick polish.

    That petite is adorable! Think I need it, I love coral in all forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a search for off-whites & corals? I've been focusing on those, too! The sun has been so bright lately and both those colors seem to fit the sunshine and high heat! Just before this I was focusing on bright yellows. Must be the weather! -JenB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona looks great on you (to me). It is thick as the debil thou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally into coral right now too. I have only 1 I think, it's a bright ass wet n wild color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i just found your blog & i like it ;)

    awesome swatches! i like that beige polish! im gunna go hunt it down now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona actually looks good on you (to me). Love how you revved up the boring color with Hidden Treasure.

    ReplyDelete