Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

More comparisons

You know you have a problem when you keep seeing dupish colors in your collection and yet you keep buying more nail polish. I'm hoarding for beauty armageddon.

Here are some taupes (and one brown).
007
From L to R:
Zoya Dea, Essie Mink Muffs, Orly Prince Charming, Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, and Maybelline Touch of Taupe.

They are in the same order on my hand, from thumb to pinky.
017

Dea is OBVIOUSLY way different from the rest. (One of these things is not like the others!) So here's a shot of just the four fingers.
018

As you can see, Mink Muffs and Prince Charming are similar, with Mink Muffs being just a titch darker. Commander in Chic is less brown and more grey. And Touch of Taupe is completely different, and I actually love this color for that reason. It's taupe without being just like every other taupe. And I got it for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. :)


Then I was looking at another mini from that Essie set, and thought that Angora Cardi looked a LOT like Butter London's Teddy Boy. They are quite similar in the bottle.
013

I just alternated fingers -- Angora Cardi is on my thumb, middle, and pinky, while Teddy Boy is on my ring and pointer fingers.
020

And in more direct lighting:
022

They are similar, but not exactly the same. Angora Cardi is more purple and a little deeper. I have no idea what to call this color. Mauve? I dunno. I do like it, even if it is a little boring.

So there you have it. I have one more post planned re: the asian beauty supply, but I probably won't post it til tomorrow or Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, I love comparison posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Angora Cardi is puce.
    I'm actually really excited right now, because I've never seen a puce polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ChaosButterfly - I think you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puce!!! I've always loved the word. ;)
    Comparison posts are my fav.
    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great because not all brands are sold everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hoarding for beauty Armageddon" GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete