Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Essie Merino Cool and Comparison

I want to apologize for the bubbles in this mani... I have had more issues with bubbling lately, and I'm not quite sure what's causing it. I suspect it's summer humidity, since I've not changed basecoat or topcoat. Yet another reason I'm ready for fall...

Anyway, this is the purply-taupe shade from Essie's fall collection -- Merino Cool.
124

It reminds me of other purply taupes I have.
This is Merino Cool on thumb and forefinger.
Sally Hansen Commander in Chic on middle finger.
Confetti Moonstruck on ring finger.
Essie Mink Muffs on pinky (yeah, it's WAY different from the other three, but I threw it in there anyway).
131

130

Mink Muffs is way more brown than the rest.
Commander in Chic is just a tinge more brown than Merino Cool or Moonstruck.
I think Moonstruck and Merino Cool are dupes, or damn near close to dupes. The formula is better on Merino Cool, but the pricetag is better on Moonstruck ($2 compared to $8).

So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment