Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Revlon Matte Suedes

I only got two of these polishes, I suppose. I could have SWORN I bought Emerald City, but I cannot find it in my polish drawer, nor can I find photos of it. So apparently I just dreamed I bought it.

Can y'all tell I'm trying really hard to get through all of my photos? LOL. Tonight I put on the first of my new Ulta Enchanted Nail Collection, Sugar Cookie, and I LOVE it. It's what I WANTED Zoya Gaia to be. But I cannot allow myself to post photos of it til I've posted the other bazillion photos I've uploaded to Flickr. So here's another post for today! Hee hee.

Anywho, I know I bought Ruby Ribbon and Powder Puff from the Revlon Matte Suedes, because I can find pictures of both of them.

I so wanted to love Powder Puff... but didn't. I even tried it with topcoat and it just wasn't doing it for me.
Here it is without topcoat:
Revlon Powder Puff

And Powder Puff with topcoat:
Revlon Powder Puff
Still too sheer, and I think I used three coats. Of course, the Sugar Cookie I'm wearing now is still pretty sheer at three coats and I love it... so go figure. Powder Puff just wasn't for me!

Ruby Ribbon, however, was awesome. Two coats. I didn't even try it with topcoat, but I bet it's super pretty that way too.
This was after a full day of work, so there is some tipwear (typical since I didn't wear a topcoat), but I think it held up pretty well! My job is pretty hands-on (I fix computers), so if something holds up this well all day with no topcoat, it's a pretty good nail polish!
Revlon Ruby Ribbon


And now for your standard ending...

5 comments:

  1. lol I like that you dreamed you bought it! I thought I was the only one ;)

    i love both of these :) i bought these along with Emerald City,I hope to try them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Revlon matte suedes at my cvs but didn't know if I should buy them. I'm still on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these at Walgreens and Walmart, but I still can't decide whether I want any or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bought Emerald City, and you showed it to me at the dept. meeting one morning! Unless I dreamed that, of course. Shared nail polish dreams...scary. I thought I bought Orly Prince Charming, but I can't find that one. Either I dreamed that, or it's lost with my camera. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I bought Royal and Emerald from the re-released Revlon Top Speed line. I did my nails before bed one evening, and they were chipped in two places by the time I left for work the next morning! They were a mess by lunchtime, so I just peeled the rest off. It is so very sad. Royal is such a perfect color. I used Nail Tek II Treatment as a base coat, and Quicken as a top coat. I'll try again with Orly Bonder and Seche Vite, just in case that's the issue. If it chips badly again, I'll try it as a pedi color.

    ReplyDelete